Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Doing some blog CPR!


So it's only been about 10 months since my last post and I don't even have an excuse. No new baby, no full time job, no reason at all not to be blogging my heart away. So my pre New Years resolution for 2012 will be to get back in the blogging world :)



The most eventful part of summer was the boys 4th birthday. That's right the big 4! I'm so proud of the young men they are becoming! I did have a slight anxiety attack when I went into Target this past spring and realized that I couldn't buy anything in the baby section. No sippy cups, no clothes (too babyish for the most part), and way past the diaper stage! Where does the time go??? They are really into being independent as well. They get dressed by themselves, pour their own milk, and even get their own snacks if I'm busy.


We have been living in Las Vegas since January and are feeling like this is home. I was excited for the move and then spent the first 6 months here missing all our friends :( My boys had made some great friends in the SLO area and we missed everyone terribly. I think I went home about once a month for the first 6 months. I'm sure it didn't help that we are renting an apartment too. The apartment has been fine but it's just reminder that you don't have a permanent place. We have moved quite a bit since the boys were born and I'm looking forward to putting down some roots now. We are currently house hunting and hope to be all moved in by Christmas. Just in time for Josh to climb on the roof and hang Christmas lights :)



The boys started preschool at the YMCA this fall. They go M, W, and Fri from 9-12. They have made some good friends at school and even went to a birthday party for one of their classmates last weekend. They have 2 other boys that they are best buds with and we get together once a week now. (4) four year boys running crazy together makes me happy I only have (2) four year old boys :)



This past June we headed to Legoland, the San Diego Zoo, and the San Diego Wild Animal park to celebrate the boys 4th birthday. SO MUCH FUN is all I can say! The boys were able to do almost all the rides at Legoland and liked the fast roller coasters the best. The zoo and wild animal park were amazing as well. This was our first major amusement park trip and the boys did great. No meltdowns, just lots of smiles and laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment