Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Santa Barbara Zoo

So I must say that having twins has never made me afraid to leave the house. I admit it takes some planning and getting up early on my part, but something about being outside makes me feel energized. So last month, the boys and I took a day trip to the SB Zoo. I really like the SB Zoo. They have a little train that circles the park perimeter, lots of animals, and it's beautifully located next to the beach. We spent the morning checking out animals and then had a picnic lunch. Ralph was very traumatized when a seagull dove down and swiped 1/2 of his PB & J sandwich. He was soooo sad that a bird took his lunch. So sad, that a nice zoo employee offered to replace his lunch for him. I explained that we had brought our lunch and I wouldn't feel right taking a meal from them. After lunch was the train ride and the playground. The zoo has a "fake" grass hill in the playground and the boys had a blast sliding down it on cardboard. I think that was the highlight of the trip! We then fed the goats and sheep and then headed home. What a fun day! Blake

RJ






Goat feeding time! Blake was scared of the goats. He threw all his food through the fence on the ground. Check out that grimace as the goat approaches!!

No comments:

Post a Comment